In August there are two Wednesday morning sessions 10-12 in Mont Rose college, Cranbrook Road, Ilford. The topic for August is Freebies, Sharing Resources and finding friendly buildings.Information here.
17th August – with Vic Norman of London Pub Tours – social media and no cost marketing
31st August – speaker to be advised.
Other support for start-ups and businesses
The best first point for any business is to attend the London Small Business Centre 3 hour workshop on starting your own business. They take place monthly at Enterprise Desk. Next one is Tuesday 20 September 1-4. Details of the workshops and dates here.
See the Enterprise Desk info on the Council website for info on business support with Leonore Lord. Info here
The Timebank is a very practical platform for start-ups. We are currently running focus groups to see how we can take it to a higher level. Please do sign up and try it out. We hope to be re-integrating with the ECHO London Timebank soon. I’ll be at the Enterprise Desk on Tuesday 16, 23 and 30 between 12 and 3 for any queries or help.
Support for charities and voluntary groups
Our Enterprising Redbridge project is ending its first phase. The final seminar is on Thursday 22 September 5.30-8. Great training and input. Info here.
Other great offers…
- Offer of 2 minute promotional interview-style video for £30. Contact start-up Muhammad of Marketing Scope. Info here
- Offer of free photo shoots by local mature photography student, info here
- Monthly workshops in Ilford library about open source IT to support your business or personal needs. Info here
- Free stalls for crafts and green businesses at the Ilford green pop up market, 2nd Saturday of the month. See about last one here and celebrity visit.
- Join Streetlife to get local trade. info here
- Book up for the London business show in November for free. Info here
Coordinator, Sophia Hubs Redbridge